Playing Crystal Singing Bowls For Sound Baths And Simple Meditations
With Zacciah Blackburn and Dorothy Stone
November 19th, 1pm-3pm EST
Online Zoom Seminar
A Sound Bath is an excellent way to promote deep relaxation as it fosters a sense of well-being and a more expanded state where stresses and anxieties fade away as one merges with the many different frequencies that the instruments provide. There are unlimited possibilities for sounds that can be generated and those sounds may cover a spectrum of frequencies from harmonic to dissident, from very soft to sharper, all within a range of volume that is consistent with a therapeutic sonic soundscape. One does not need to have to be a trained musician to have a successful experience as a facilitator. One only needs to be familiar with the instruments that are being utilized and aware of how the sound is being generated, and how it might be perceived, including the level of sound which requires auditory sensitivity.
The techniques used in a sound bath are as well applicable to using crystal singing bowls in one’s personal meditation. Depending on what effect you would like, there are different crystal bowls or sets of crystal bowls that can be used. In both playing for a sound bath, and in one’s personal meditation, it is important to manifest certain intentions and quality of awareness to cultivate relaxation and a sense of well-being.
In this course, sound master Zacciah Blackburn will guide participants through selecting crystal singing bowls, and playing crystal singing bowls, for a group of people and for oneself with simple methodology to promote relaxation, and a general sense of well-being.
This course will cover:
- Selecting different bowls, and sets of bowls for their different uses and qualities
- Learning how to skillfully play crystal singing bowls
- Playing crystal singing bowls for groups, or oneself, to promote relaxation and a general sense of well-being
The course is held over the ZOOM platform. We use professional quality recording equipment to ensure that our participants will receive the highest quality in sound from the instruments we use.
Understanding the different types of crystal bowls and their uses
Utilizing crystal singing bowls in sound baths and personal meditation
End of program
Date and Online Access
- This program is online, November 19th from 1-3pm ET.
- This is an online course on the Zoom platform. You will need to make a membership with Zoom at www.zoom.us in order to participate in the meetings. The day before each meeting you will receive an email reminder for the meeting, including information for how to join the meeting
What To Bring
- Please locate yourself in a quiet, comfortable spot.
- Headphones are most helpful for your full experience.
Question and Answer Session
- There will be a question and answer session during the program.
- Any instruments you see in our online practices are available for purchase at www.sunreed.com
Registration Information- Registration is open for anyone who wishes to join.